virus messages (was Fwd: Re: tomorrow's meeting)

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 03:24:28PM -0600, Laszlo Acs wrote:
> Looky here... someone (apparently whoever is dimetls@vzavenue.net) took my
> email addy and made a lame attempt to infect me... tsk.. tsk...

I've been getting those messages too.  I'm not quite sure what's going
on.  It looks like somebody's email system is fond of spamming
everyone on the planet when it finds a "virus".

It definitely seems to be broken...

> Hey Steve, perhaps we should set the <FROM> parameter to be hidden. Not
> everyone has elaborate paranoid protection schemes setup to capture what
> may appear to be an innocent email!

I've actually been thinking about how we could mess with the headers
on mail in the archives so spammers can't harvest addresses from the
web site...

In the mean time, I'd suggest that anyone still using Windows invest
in a good virus scanner and keep it updated.  There's no such thing as
innocent email.