Re: virus messages (was Fwd: Re: tomorrow's meeting)

--- Steven Pritchard <steve@silug.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 03:24:28PM -0600, Laszlo Acs
> wrote:
> > Looky here... someone (apparently whoever is
> dimetls@vzavenue.net) took my
> > email addy and made a lame attempt to infect me...
> tsk.. tsk...
>
> In the mean time, I'd suggest that anyone still using
> Windows invest
> in a good virus scanner and keep it updated.  There's no
> such thing as
> innocent email.

That's why I use Yahoo Mail!  Say what you will about it! I
don't have to keep buying or downloading new patches for
virus scanning - they take of it.  (They caught that one
anyway).  And, they have a web viewer for Word docs built
in that seems to work pretty nicely (for someone who
doesn't own Word and doesn't want to take 10 minutes to
load Star Office).