Re: Distros

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 03:41:22AM +0000, mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> That's great. But there's no UI in *any* of the browsers to allow users to
> stick those headers into requests, so for real people, HTTP has no useful
> restart ability.

Again, using a browser to download an ISO is just asking for trouble.
I recommend wget, *especially* for Windows users.  (IE is notoriously
bad about screwing up large downloads.)  There are Windows binaries of
wget here:

    http://space.tin.it/computer/hherold/

It's also available with Cygwin:

    http://cygwin.com/

Cygwin also comes with md5sum, which you need to use to check the ISO
you download for errors.  Of course, since rsync does checksums as
part of the protocol, you can also feel pretty safe with
rsync-downloaded files.