Quotas on user inboxes

I've been googling on how to enable user quotas for inboxes. I'm not
finding much in the way of howtos, however sendmail.org seems to imply
that using procmail is the way to go (when sendmail is your mta). A bit of
looking around procmail.org's list of links for recipes and I've found a
few that work and a couple to be fairly thorough.

My first question is, is this the way most people handle inbox quotas for
users when their mta is sendmail?

My second question is, does anyone have a procmail recipe or alternate
method for handling inbox quotas that they could share?

The one that I've found that works quite well with a bit of hacking is: