pop3 password not working anymore?

I'm not sure when this problem took place because for a while I was using the WebMin webmail client and my password works fine there.

I can change it in the shell using passwd username and it changes my webmail password as well.

Sendmail houever is a different story.

It's working fine for my girlfriends account which I setup a while back but I mine for unknown reasons won't take any passord.

I can log into a shell with my username and pass. I can change my password which then changes it for the webmail client however sendmail keeps rejecting it.

Is this a common problem which can be fixed fairly easily?

Thanks,
John