Moving server. DNS re-propogation question

My knowledge in this area is limited so please speak to me in semi-noob
language.

I'm moving a server and everything is remaining the same. The static IP
number will be the only change.

I'm presuming I can first edit the http.conf and replace the occurrences of
the old IP with the new IP.

It is my understanding that I also need to change the TTL in the DNS zone
files to a different number and resave them. I read somewhere that saving
one small change in the zone files will cause the propagation to be set into
motion faster. As I said, this is my understanding but I could be very wrong
on this. I seem to remember reading this in the past though.

After the above changes, the server should come back up in a couple of
days??? :-).

Will this work, or is there something else I'm missing?

I realize I will also have to change the settings in the internet connection
dialog as well but I'm more worried about feeling sure that everything
concerning DNS and IP is correct so the propagation takes place instead of
72 hours later finding out I did something wrong and have to make a change
only to wait another 72 hours.

In the VAR/named directory there are four files per virtual server:
in.rev
in.zone
out.rev
out.zone

My out zone file (Partial)
--------------------------
$TTL 1h
@ IN SOA main.example.com. root.example.com. (
  10
  1h
  2h
  1w
  1h )
  IN NS main.example.com.

Example pulled from the internet(Partial)
$TTL 86400
@     IN     SOA    dns1.example.com.     hostmaster.example.com. (
                    2001062501 ; serial
                    21600      ; refresh after 6 hours