Re: Job searching?

I wrote regarding 'Re: Job searching?' on Wed, Dec 28 at 14:21:
> I'll probably go do one of the Linux certs (likely LPI) sometime in
> the next couple of months, just because that's one more keyword to
> stick on the resue for the HR people, but I'l scowl the whole time.
> ;)

Ok, so today I passed the 4th exam for LPIC-2, so sometime in the next
few days I'll officially be LPI level 2 certified.  Having actually
taken the exams, I'm forced to recant my initial disdain for
certifications.  Or at least for the LPI certs.  I'm fairly impressed
with the breadth and difficulty level of the 201 and 202 exams.  Even
in the case where the certs don't get me anything, the exams asking
about the use of "modinfo" led me to find out that there is, in fact a
modinfo command.  For darn near a decade I've wondered how in the heck
people are supposed to find out what parameters a module takes.  Turns
out, there's been a program just for that for a while.  And that was
on the top of the 100-level exam topic list.  Sigh.  I've *never* seen
that mentioned in any documentation.

Anyway, I just wanted to note that I've changed my position on
thinking that all certs are worthless (though I still have no respect
for the MCSE exams), and to post a positive overall feeling regarding
the LPI stuff.

--Danny