Re: cc compiler questoin

Travis wrote regarding 'Re: cc compiler questoin' on Sat, Nov 25 at 13:55:
> I'm using Ubuntu. the ld.so.conf file didn't exist. so I created it
> and add the paths. when I ran ldconfig it created /etc/ld.so.cache~

One does not imply the other.  If you have an Ubuntu system (based on
experience, as I'm typing this on my Ubuntu workstation conencted to an
Ubuntu mailserver found via my Ubuntu DNS server all over my Ubuntu
wireless access point) and you did not have /etc/ld.so.conf, something
else is quite awry.  You may want to verify that other very important
files aren't missing

Anyway, see if the files are on your system:
  find / -type f -name xutil.h 2>/dev/null

That's search, starting at the root, for files whose name is exactly
"xutil.h", without displaying errors.  Learn more at "man find", among
others.

If the files aren't found, install them.  If so, those are include
files.  You can specify the directory that contains them in any number
of ways, but probably the easiest is with the -I switch to gcc, as in
  gcc -I/tmp/badinclude/path sourcecode.c

--Danny, who's not a developer, not even on TV