Re: Best distro for running a Linux wireless AP

In my admitedly exploration into the world of open source traffic encryption I have noticed that there doesnt seem to be the effort to simplify it like other networking aspect in Linux. I played a bit today with openswan, dabbled a bit with openvpn, and none of it is simplified. I am obviously capable of troubleshooting it and getting it working, but in the short time I had today to play with it I had NO luck :-)

Oh well, I suppose few worth doing is easy.

On 6/12/07, Steven Pritchard <steve@silug.org> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 12:39:12PM -0500, Tim Grossner wrote:
> So you are probably partial to openvpn over, say, openswan?

OpenVPN is the only thing reasonable people should use.  All that
IPsec crap is good for is interoperating with legacy proprietary
networking equipment.

Seriously, OpenVPN absolutely wonderful.  It is just insanely easy to
set up.  It can be made to work over just about any Internet
connection (even if all you have is a http proxy).  It works on every
OS I care about (or am paid to care about ;).  Etc.

steve@silug.org           | Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
(618)398-3000             | See web site for meeting details.
Steven Pritchard          | http://www.silug.org/