Re: AMD Geode Computer Update

I was really just curious about what the GUI would even look like on
it. All that's been stripped away now as my application just needs a
little processing, an Internet connection and a connection to an
external device called a "Terminal Node Controller". This PC has more
than I need plus it runs off 12 Volts directly making it easy to run
off batteries in an emergency.

>Debfoster is used to delete programs that you don't need.  When you
>install package foo-a and it depends on foo-b, both get installed.
>If at a later time you unistall foo-a, foo-b may still be installed,
>even though you no longer have a need for it (depending on what
>method you used to get the packages intalled).  debfoster will remove
>foo-b when it isn't needed.  If you use aptitutude to install your
>programs, aptitude does this for you.

It was good for paring down the basic installation. I liked editing
the "keepers" file better than going through aptitude. Besides, it's
always fun to play with new toys!

Tim