Re: AMD Geode Computer Update

On Wed, July 18, 2007 1:04 pm, Tim McDonough wrote:
> The biggest find was figuring out a way to strip out Gnome and all the
> other default junk so I could get a stripped down system that just ran
> a command line prompt.

The easiest way to do that is to do the server install from the
beginning,and if you later decide that you want a desktop, apt-get install
[ ubuntu-desktop | xubuntu-desktop | kubuntu-desktop ].  That
xubuntu-desktop package would probably be alright on the "slow"
processor...

Alternatively, you can get fairly decent results with just "apt-get remove
ubuntu-desktop" followed by "apt-get autoremove".

--Danny, finally working with OpenWRT (and excited about it)