Re: ntp!

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999 charles@lunarmedia.net wrote:
> it looks like my server *is* syncing up with the ntp server out on the
> internet, but I am now thinking that perhaps I have my clock set to gmt -7
> rather than -6. the clock is synching up with the ntp server, but is an
> hour behind the actual time. i recall seeing this on ciscos when i first
> started with them, and i just need to set my clock to gmt -6.
..

look into the "tzselect" command.  That's what it is on the machines I
looked at, which are all SuSE boxes of various vintages.  I'd imagine
there's something similar on yours. :)

Prolly has something to do with not compensating for the spring-forward we
usually have, like if it was set to mexico city instead of
America/Chicago...

--Danny, who spent a while figuring this out on cloud233