Re: MRTG

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Adam Van Pelt wrote:
>  I'm trying to get MRTG up and running and I am running into a problem or
> two, and would appreciate any assistance anyone could provide.
>  I'm less than thrilled when I go to the URL where this page is supposed
> to be coming up, and receive the infamous 403 Forbidden error. To
> try to correct this, I've chmoded all of the directories in question (both
> to the HTML files and to the MRTG executable itself) to 755. Still, no go.
>
>  If I try to go directly to the HTML file itself in my browser
> (www.domain.com/index.htm), I get an Error 500 -- Internal Server Error
> with the details:
>
> Premature end of script headers: .../.../httpd/index.htm

Is the HTML in the file valid? (file://usr/local/apache/htdocs/index.htm)
Is the web server configured to allow access to the directory listed?
Is the web server configured with <Directory> or <Location> directives
 that have valid access rules defined for that directory?  Note:  for a
 directory with files you shouldn't call it a script dir, you sholuld call
 it a directory of location...
Can other pages in that directory be viewed succesfully?

Personally, I'm leaning toward the third possibility...

--Danny