Re: which video / tv card?

[ I love it when I get a chance to catch up on my email a bit... ]

DMW said:
> I'm looking for a new video card (AGP) and TV tuner card. Can anyone
> make any recommendations? I'd like to keep the total under $200. Should
> I get a card that does both, or keep them separate?

The Voodoo 3 3500 from 3Dfx has fast 2D and 3D, as well as a TV tuner
and other stuff.  (The TV tuner might not work under Linux yet, but if
not I'm sure that will be fixed RSN.)  Last I looked, it was just
barely over $200.

> No games, so I'm not worried about high-end 3d.

Games aren't the only reason for high-end 3D, just the best reason.  ;)

> The best Linux support is priority number one.

3Dfx is taking Linux seriously these days, it seems, so they'd
probably be a reasonably good bet...

If you want the absolute best TV tuner support, get whatever Alan Cox
has.  :-)

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month