Re: SSH and devices

Benjamin Story said:
> Is it possible to have ssh redirect program requests for certain device
> access to the client machine.  For example my friends and I are using a
> server in Springfield (which I am root on) to circumvent our
> University's anti-ICQ firewall.  What we'd like to do is have the
> program run on the remote server but use our respective /dev/dsp to
> produce sound.  Is this possible?

Yes and no.  In other words, not directly, but it might be possible
with esd (maybe with the help of esddsp).

(esd is the Enlightenment Sound Daemon.  I know very little about it
other than that, but apparently it does have some sort of network
support.  Oh, and it's not in any way dependent on Enlightenment.)

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month