Re: Interest in SIG?

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Kara Pritchard wrote:

eks edited some stuff out...

> > The "big echoey room" is being split into two rooms, so the two meetings
> > could be concurrent in these two rooms right off of the RCC entrance.
> > Having meetings in the nice room back in the building is more difficult as
> > we don't like to have that hallway door unlocked. There is another small
> > conference room off of the entrance that only a select few of the PM
> > people have seen. Normally this is not used for public meetings, but I can
> > look into it.
> >
> I think the echoey room would be fine for me.. Although, projectors and
> such are a must to effectively present newbie material. Will this
> conflict?

We have plenty of projectors now, and network connections aren't a problem
either. It may also be that "play" machines will be available. I find that
low-level pentiums are showing up in surplus now.

eks

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      Internet: erich@museum.state.il.us
http://www.museum.state.il.us/ismdepts/anthro/staff/erich/erich.html