Re: Gaphix card for Linux/X

Really, anything good is good (helpful, huh?). I got a good price on last
years voodoo banshee, and there is a downloadable driver from the 3dfx
site. Right now I have a recent  NVidia tnt2 with 32 mb. I haven't tried
anything that pushes it yet, but it makes purty windows. I also recently
loaded SUSE on a box with a ATI rage128. I had problems until I downloaded
the most recent drivers.

If you are interested in 3d support, one first place is to look at
http://www.linux3d.org/. It's hard to say where the most up-to-date
information might be.

Erich

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Grossner, Timothy wrote:

> Anyone got recommendations for me in buying a new graphx card for my
> workstation? I am getting it in conjunction with a new 21" monitor...
>

> Thanks,
>
> Tim Grossner
> Network Engineer		SACWIS Project
> GetronicsWang
> voice - 217-747-7310
> pager - 800-681-4943
> data - timothy.grossner@getronics.com
>

> --

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      Internet: erich@museum.state.il.us
http://www.museum.state.il.us/ismdepts/anthro/staff/erich/erich.html