voodoo3

Well, since I'm too impatient to wait for good X support for my TNT card, I
went out and grabbed a Voodoo3-3000 tonight.  I know a couple of you have
voodoo3 cards, so perhaps one of you's seen this:

--------
root@pyro:/usr/local/games/q3demoTEST > /usr/local/glide/bin/test3Dfx
test00:
Clear screen to blue
2.60.00.0415
Resolution: 640x480
Press A Key To Begin Test.
video memory unprotecting
                         Assertion Failed!:  grSstWinOpen( 0, resolution,
GR_REFRESH_60Hz, GR_COLORFORMAT_ABGR, GR_ORIGIN_UPPER_LEFT, 2, 1 )
                                                            File: test00.c

Line: 104
-------

I find that annoying, as it essentially means that I've got no 3D accel.
Strangely, it sucks even more than the TNT did...  I pulled down the latest
X (3.9.16), but haven't bothered to build it yet.  All I got was the stuff
from 3dfxgamers for X3.3.3.  It all appeared to install OK, but I've been
known to overlook some stupid problems once in a while.

Anyway, if anyone's got suggestions as to why Assertion is failing with an
exclamation point, or pointers to SuSE 6.2 (6.3 in a week or so) How-To's
for V3, I'd be compelled to thank said person verbally. :)

--Danny