Re: kppp problem

Are kppp and X running as the same user, or is kppp suid?  Normally, only
programs started by the same user on the same console can connect to the X
server, from other consoles or as different users programs can't connect.

Try launching some other programs from the same place as kppp (kterm, kbiff,
netscape, etc.) and determine if the problem's kppp itself or a more general
access problem.  You may also try launching kppp from a terminal (kterm,
xterm, rxvt, etc) instead of the console, and see if that helps...

--Danny, who dislikes being awakened by early wrong # phone calls