Re: kppp problem

Here's what I got:

[shamrock@localhost shamrock]$ ls -al /usr/bin/kppp
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           13 Nov 20 18:38 /usr/bin/kppp ->
consolehelper
[shamrock@localhost shamrock]$ ls -al /usr/sbin/pppd
-rwsr-sr-x   1 root     root       120020 Apr  9  1999
/usr/sbin/pppd
[shamrock@localhost shamrock]$ ls -al /usr/bin/consolehelper
-rwsr-sr-x   1 root     root        17616 Apr 12  1999
/usr/bin/consolehelper

Everything else except kppp will launch from a terminal window (or
anywhere)...kppp requires me to do the "xhost + localhost" and makes me
enter my system password.

I've seen nothing in KDE docs/FAQs about either problem, and no one in
the kde-user mailing list has any ideas. Is there a more formal route to
KDE and KDE-apps support?

If no one else has any ideas, where is another avenue for support that I
might turn to?