Re: kppp problem

On Sat, 4 Dec 1999, DMW wrote:

> Everything else except kppp will launch from a terminal window (or
> anywhere)...kppp requires me to do the "xhost + localhost" and makes me
> enter my system password.

I've never used kde, much less kppp, but this does sound an ownership
problem.  Look at who 'owns' the process.  If it is not a shell owned
by the user that logged into X, running from X, you'll need to xhost +
deal to get it to run.  If kppp is suid root, when it runs, X will
not let it have access to X.

Does this happen if you log in as root?

> If no one else has any ideas, where is another avenue for support that I
> might turn to?

Mark Blunier