Re: kppp problem

I upgraded to 1.1.2 by downloading the rpm's and just running "rpm -Uvh"
on all the packages. That's it! I have no clue what consolehelper is.

A tip from someone else led me to another possible culprit -- PAM. I
don't know anything about PAM and I'm really not to the point where I
want to learn about it (I'm a user, not a system administrator).

Anyway, kppp (at least now) is a PAM -enabled program, whatever that is,
and here is what is in /etc/pam.d/kppp:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_rootok.so
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
session    optional     /lib/security/pam_xauth.so
account    required     /lib/security/pam_permit.so

Can someone who knows PAM tell me if something here is causing this
difficult kppp behavior? I'm thinking that compiling kppp source and
re-installing it will not help my problem if this PAM stuff is sprayed
all over everything.

Thanks again...

     ___|o__\_____   derek wickersham  www.mtco.com/~shamrock
  ...\( )______( )\  shamrock at mtco dot com || 505.209.4443