Re: Xfree4

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> cloudmaster said:
> > So, since Steve forgot how he set up his voodoo3 :) I was wondering if
> > anyone had already bookmarked a few good Xfree4 beta setup pages that they
> > might be willing to pass along, helping me to figure out what I'm doing
> > wrong...
>
> Sorry, I haven't had any time for mail this week.
>
> Everything you need is on www.3dfxgamers.com.  Unfortunately, there
> are apparently some problems running with the SuSE kernel, so if you
> haven't hand-compiled a kernel lately, you might want to.

Stock kernel?  Me? :)

I pulled down everything from 3dfxgamers, and built the 3.3.5 stuff for my
old 3.3.5 X install.  It did nothing for me, so I went with betaX.  I didn't
see anything up there for development X, even though voodoo3's supposed to
be working.  Really, I'm just having a hard time finding any doc's that are
worth a damn anywhere, and was hoping someone would have already put up some
kind of documentation.  One would think that I'd know better by now. :)

> If you want some specific help, feel free to call me at home after 7,
> otherwise I'll type something up as soon as I have time...

Eh, I'll fill up the newsgroup.  You've been following User Friendly" this
week, right? :)

--Danny, who often wants smilies in real life...