Re: nt dialin to Linux w/ callback

cloudmaster said:
> Anywho, whatabout just tunneling X over ssh with compression?  Is that
> acceptable on your existing link?  Does ssh's compression just suck too
> badly?

The latency is horrendous over anything slower than a T1 for anything
more interesting than xlogo.

I've found that (other than the long start-up time) some small X apps
are usable remotely over my ISDN, but anything big is just too slow.
Analog dial-up just adds to the latency.

Just out of curiousity, has anybody tried dxpc?  Supposedly it's a bit
better than lbx.

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month