cable "modems" (was Re: Debian and Slackware)

Cloudmaster said:
[...]
> but I'll tell you, since I got my
> cable modem installed last Monday, I've got all kinds of ISO's... :)

That reminds me...  We just got our service turned on last Friday.
It's remarkably good.  (That might have something to do with the fact
that nobody else in the area is set up yet, but I guess time will
tell...)

Is Springfield getting any closer to getting service yet?

(Oh, BTW, *why* is this "cable modem" name sticking?  Maybe I'm just
being anal, but the thing is about as much a modem as my watch.  ISDN
"modems" I could understand, since they looked and were operated like
modems, but what similarity does an ethernet bridge and a modem have?)

(618)398-7320             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month