Re: Command Performance.

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Cloudmaster wrote:
> If I guess "foo" is a shell script, would I be right?

Now that you mention it, I believe always so.  *blush*

> Make sure the path at the top of said script points
> to a valid executable...

Note taken.  When I've encountered this, I've tended
to interpret "command not found" as a condition of
"can't see that the file is in the directory" and hadn't
much considered the content of the file itself.  If the
script were not correctly pointed, would it still execute
from midnight commander though?

> Do you have a problem with Netscape not working too,

Not so far...

> or is just my "installed voodoo3 rpms under 6.2 then
> upgraded to 6.3 followed by 6.4 days later" system
> that does?  Netscape won't work if I connect to a
> roaming access server with my 6.4 setup...  It's odd.
> I assume it's my screwy X, but sometimes I'm wrong.

There's commands "Netscape" and "netscape".  The first
is to a wrapper.  Not certain consequences of the second
--if there are any, easy enough to dial the wrong number.