Re: Command Performance.

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Tesla Coil wrote:
[...]
> I was saying was that, for example, I have the program
> foo in /mnt.  If my current directory is /home/bar,  I expect
> the command line "foo" to return "command not found"
> because /mnt is not in $PATH.  If foo were in /usr/bin,
> it would be in $PATH and execute as described above.
>
> Remaining in /home/bar I enter the command "/mnt/foo"
> or, cd to /mnt then simply enter the command as "foo"--
> Both of these approaches also return "command not found."

If I guess "foo" is a shell script, would I be right?  Make sure the path
at the top of said script points to a valid executable...

> If that is correct behavior, I have the opposite kind of
> problem with my fresh install of SuSE 6.4...

Do you have a problem with Netscape not working too, or is just my
"installed voodoo3 rpms under 6.2 then upgraded to 6.3 followed by 6.4 days
later" system that does?  Netscape won't work if I connect to a romaing
access server with my 6.4 setup...  It's odd.  I assume it's my screwy X,
but sometimes I'm wrong.

--Danny