Re: Redhat stock

Travis Davies said:
> What does everybody think about investing into
> Redhat's stock?

IANAFA(*), but it appears to me that the stock market is in the
process of collapsing in on itself, otherwise known as a "correction".
This could mean that now is a *really* bad time to get into the stock
market.  On the other hand, it could mean that you can get some stock
really cheap right now.

If you think any company (not just Red Hat) has a solid future, then
investing at any time is a Good Idea.  If you are out for a quick
buck, then perhaps you should consider buying some lottery tickets (so
at least you know up front how much you'll lose).

That said, RHAT was quite stable at >$100/share before this
"correction".  It is now at $24.  I think it would be safe to assume
that their stock will go back up if/when the market stabilizes.  Of
course, it's also quite likely that it'll go down even more before
that happens.

BTW, anybody else notice that LNUX (VA Linux Systems) finally closed
below their IPO price today?  *sigh*

* I Am Not A Financial Advisor (or Lawyer, or Banker, or Doctor, or
  anybody else who should be considered responsible ;), so all views
  expressed are just my personal feelings and should not be construed
  as anything else.  (In other words, if you listen to me and lose all
  your money, it's your own fault.  On the other hand, if you listen
  to me and make tons of money, feel free to buy me a beer the next
  time you see me. ;-)

(618)398-7320             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month