Re: compiling for non-factory

On Sat, 29 Apr 2000, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> Cloudmaster said:
> > Oh.  That would probably make my life a lot easier, especially when I modify
> > the image.  I think I'll start using a directory right now instead of my
> > "work from an image" thing.  What the hell was I thinking?  forgot all about
> > "tar" copying devices and stuff...
>
> When I was working on my disk image, I copied a bunch of stuff into
> the image, then started deleting things to see when it would break.
> Later, I noticed that one of the directories was taking up a few K
> more than it should have been.

I've noticed this.  I'd taken to working with a production image and a
testing image, and once the testing image was working, "cp -p"'ing the files
over to the production image.  I'm still not sure why I didn't think to just
use 2 MB of disk space and make a directory...

--Danny, who seems to like to needlessly complicate stuff sometimes. :)