One more C question

Is there any way to find the size of an array that is refrenced by a
pointer? I need to find the size of **argv (or *argv[] if you would
prefer). wouldn't sizeof() just give me that of the pointer, not what it
is pointing to? I need to find the size of one string, not the entire
array of strings. so it would be like argv[known][need to know].

It is not completly nessary but it would be nice.

Thanks,

Jordan Bettis.
 "Damn it! Somebody spiked my coffee with water"  --Larry Wall