Re: Linux Journal

On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 10:35:02PM -0500, Mark Blunier wrote:

> Why is it that when I picture a 'hard core' Linux users, I hear the sounds
> of "Linux certification?  What Linux certification?  We don't need no
> stinking Linux certification!"

That would be the dark side calling you.  That's the same side that
keeps hinting that you should still be running Slackware.

<ducks>

Seriously, the problem is: can you tell a hardcore Linux user from a
script kiddie?  And even if you can, can your boss?

I'd rather work with a hardcore Linux user than someone with
"certification", but I'd rather work with someone with "certification"
than a wannabe.  And if I don't get to check into someone's creds
personally first, insisting on certification is a useful alternative.

(That is, once a certification program gets to the point where it's
recognized and used.)

Besides, I want cute acronyms after my name, too, without having to
lobotomize myself or endure the cognitive dissonance of answering
questions like, "What OS is the best thing ever?  A. Windows NT.
B. Windows 2000. C. Windows 98. D. Windows 95."