Today's Virus

Well, as many of you probably already know
a rather effective virus hit NT networks today
(yet another good reason to run Linux), and
unfortunately many of my users were stup^H
^H^H^H..ahem..unaware that clicking on the
virus and not telling the admin was a bad idea,
so I spent the afternoon tracking down bad files.

Anyway, something good did come out of all
of this. In order to find out what files were bad
we did a "dir *.vbs /s > virus.txt" on the affected
drive to get a listing of the viruses, and I whipped
up a quick perl script to take the NT style directory
listing and generate a batch file to wipe out all the
infected files. I just thought I would share the
file in case anyone else needed it.

Jason

 <<virusfix.pl>>

virusfix.pl