Re: Red Hat Secure webserver

Charles Menzes said:
> Now, what is the .rhmask? I have not seen this before. rpm does not
> recognize the file as being in "rpm format"

You probably need to buy the boxed version for that piece...

  osiris:~$ rpm -qi rhmask
  Name        : rhmask                       Relocations: (not relocateable)
  Version     : 1.0                               Vendor: Red Hat Software
  Release     : 6                             Build Date: Sun Mar 21 21:59:12 1999
  Install date: Sat May  1 12:31:54 1999      Build Host: porky.devel.redhat.com
  Group       : Applications/System           Source RPM: rhmask-1.0-6.src.rpm
  Size        : 8847                             License: GPL
  Packager    : Red Hat Software <http://developer.redhat.com/bugzilla/>
  Summary     : Generates and restores mask files based on original and update files.
  Description :
  The rhmask utility creates mask files from original and updated files.
  The mask files, which may be the latest new versions of software, can
  then be freely distributed on public Internet servers. The mask files
  are only useful for people who who already have a copy of the original
  package.  The rhmask utility uses a simple XOR scheme for creating the
  file mask and uses file size and md5 sums to ensure the integrity of
  the result.

  Install the rhmask package if you need a utility for creating file
  masks.

(618)398-7320             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month