Re: job hunting

shamrock@mtco.com said:
> What are some of the places you all check or recommend for technical
> job postings?

There are several places to look for Linux jobs...

    http://jobs.linux.com/
    http://jobs.linuxtoday.com/
    http://www.linuxjournal.com/employ/

(Kara can probably add more here...)

And, of course, if you are looking for jobs with any particular
company (i.e. Red Hat, VA, Penguin Computing, SuSE, etc.), they all
have pages with job listings.

Dice.com is good, although geekfinder.com has a better search
interface (they are basically just a front-end to dice.com).

    http://www.geekfinder.com/
    http://www.dice.com/

At one time, net-temps.com was good.

    http://www.net-temps.com/

Any of the *jobs* groups on usenet (misc.jobs.*, stl.jobs, that sort
of thing), although searching through them is a PITA.

(You get the idea.)

Some other places I can think of, in no particular order:

    http://www.monster.com/
    http://www.jobs.com/
    http://www.computerjobs.com/
    http://careers.yahoo.com/
    http://www.headhunter.net/
    http://www.hotjobs.com/

And, if all else fails...

    http://dir.yahoo.com/Business_and_Economy/Employment_and_Work/Jobs/

or

    http://dmoz.org/Business/Employment/Job_Search/

Also, if you're looking for a job in the St. Louis area, call Brooke
Graham at KPG.  He got me my current job.  :-)

    http://www.kpginc.com/

(618)398-7320             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month