Re: GNOME 1.2

bob davenport said:
> Can someone tell me if there is an advantage to using GNOME versus KDE?

In my personal opinion, no, at least not yet.  KDE is by far more
stable than GNOME.  GNOME is shaping up quite nicely, and it does have
some nice features though.

Personally, I'm not very interested in GNOME as a desktop...  (I run
WindowMaker with the KDE panel, as I'm sure you've all seen by now...)
Some of the GNOME applications are *very* nice though.  I use dia on a
semi-regular basis, plus Helix GNOME includes the latest beta of GIMP
(which has a lot of features not present in 1.0.x), and the latest
versions of things like xmms, grip, abiword, and various other things.

So the short answer is just ignore it if you don't *know* you need it.

(Oh, it looks like the Mandrake rpms are mirrored now.  LinuxPPC is in
progress...  It looks like SuSE will be next.)

(618)398-7320             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month