Walking in my sleep

Howdy all--

    I set up my Linux box at home using smb for NT Authentication, all went fine.
I can access files on the Linux box from my Windoze 95 machine, and my wifes
Windoze 98 machine and the kids box in the basement... BUT I recently bought
a new computer for the living room, it is a athalon 650Mhz with 17GB and 128MB Ram.
When I try to access the Linux box from this machine, it tells me access denied
and requests a password for $IPX  ??? None of the other machines even blink when
requesting files from it.. I have looked thru the smb.conf file and all looks good. The
setup appears to be exactly the way I set up the other machines.. But I cant get
the files.. I can telnet into the box fine, I can access the Internet fine, I can retrieve
HTML documents that reside on this box from a browser fine, I just cant access the
shared directories on it... What dumb mistake did I make?