Newbie Night?

Guys, I'm a little concerned about Newbie Night. I don't feel I'm making
enough of an impact for the program to be successful. Attendance hasn't
been steady, and with the exception of one member, topics don't seem to be
of interest...

Would it go better to restructure LUCI meetings to something similar to
what the Unix group in St Louis does? They spend the first 1/2 hour or so
split off into Guru v/s newbie (tutorial) sessions, go over announcements,
have a break, and then have a regular meeting. Would you guys be
interested in trying this?

I won't lie. My interest in this isn't wholly non-selfish. Tuesday nights
have become even a greater conflict for me. One of my non-computer
(non-computer??? what's that???) hobbies has given me the opportunity to
get involved in something locally on Tuesday nights too, and if possible
I'd like to give them a try.

- Kara