Re: Perl?

Travis Davies said:
> I don't know that much about perl but how can I check
> if my system will run the scripts?

It depends on the script, but you can at least see if you have perl by
running "perl -v".  You should see something like this:

  This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for i386-linux

  Copyright 1987-1999, Larry Wall

  Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
  GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5.0 source kit.

  this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to the
  Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

To check a specific script, try "perl -wc filename", where "filename"
is the name of the script.

(618)398-7320             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month