my previous email

My prior email dealt with how bash was complaining about unary statements
being expected, or something.

like, the following:

                while read MOVE; do
                        NUM=`echo $MOVE | cut -f1 -d" "`
                        if [ $NUM != $2 ] || [ -z $2 ]; then
                        echo $MOVE >> $TMPFILE
                        fi
                done < $OPENWOS

this is reading in a file $OPENWOS, line by line, and then (i hope)
comparing the lines within the file on whether or not they are empty, or
fi the first field is equal to $2, which will always be a number.

so, from the command line, you would have:

	wos -c 4237

When i run the script everything occurs as it should, however I get the
error:

./wos: [: !=: unary operator expected

if i switch the compare operator to "$NUM -ne $2", i get:

./wos: [: -ne: unary operator expected

Can someone explain what is occurring here?

thanks -cjm