POP/IMAP

I'm wanting to move users to home-dir based mail spools.

Postfix is fine with that.  It says to me "I'll both be easy to configure
and be flexible enough to do whatever you want easily," to which I respond
"thanks". :)  I like when software talks to me...

Unfortunately, the pos POP servers I've found are not as friendly to that
idea.  UW-IMAP is OK with it, after recompiling (why doesn't it use a config
file?).  Then again, I haven't really looked at all.  What I'd like to find
is some docs on configuring Cyrus that don't suck (so I can use maildir
instead of mbox).  Failing that, does anyone here know of a reasonable POP
and IMAP server that doesn't have a problem finding different mail spools?
Support for maildir would be even cooler.  LDAPability would be cooler
still.

Or, I'll eventualy find something in my own searches.  Whatever. :)

Thanks,
Danny, who looks forward to his new job that will put him closer to Spfld and
	thus make it possible to attend meetings...