Re: del in vi

okay, i found this under man xterm:

       backarrowKeyIsErase (class BackarrowKeyIsErase)
               Tie  the  VTxxx  backarrowKey  and ptyInitialErase
               resources together by  setting  the  DECBKM  state
               according  to  whether  the  initial value of stty
               erase is a backspace  or  delete  character.   The
               default is ``false'', which disables this feature.

       backarrowKey (class BackarrowKey)
               Specifies whether the backarrow  key  transmits  a
               backspace  or  delete character.  This corresponds
               to  the  DECBKM  control  sequence.   The  default
               (backspace) is ``true.''  Pressing the control key
               toggles this behavior.

but i am not certain what to do with them :)
they arent flags to xterm, and i guess they would be used like set stty
stuff under csh? which i am only vaguely familiar with. anyone know the
rest of the puzzle?