Re: del in vi

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Charles Menzes wrote:

> what is odd however is that the backspace key works correctly on the
> normal command line, its only in vi that it is wack.

No, that's normal, although I'm not sure why. It has to do with the way
the shell interfaces with the terminal I guess, but the backspace key
always works on the shell that is started with the terminal (suppose I
shouldn't say 'always').

It will not work, however, on a shell to which you are telneted or sshed
(I just invented two words! (-8 ).
.
Jordan Bettis.
"Probably the best operating system in the world is the [operating system]
 made for the PDP-11 by Bell Laboratories." - Ted Nelson, October 1977