Re: 24 bit to 16 bit

--- Jordan Bettis <jordanb@hafd.org> wrote:
[snip]
> Indeed, all X server settings are in
> /etc/X11R6/XF86Config

SuSE keeps theirs in /etc, but it was easy enough to
find by grep'ing around for DefaultColorDepth.  Thx!

I *was* able to go up to 32, thank you, rather than
down to 16.  It works great!

> > (Because Red Hat doesn't support my sound card
> > that's why)   :-)
>
> I'm surprised by this, I thought Red Hat was really
> good at supporting
> everything that Linux can support. Especially
> something like a soundcard
> which usually dosen't need anything outside of the
> kernel driver to
> be specific to it.

Well, it had something to do with OSS and SuSE
included some non-FREE software to cover it.  I'm sure
someone more clever than myself could've gotten it to
work with Red Hat (or even Slackware!).  Thanks for
your help.