Re: FWD: Security alert: Have you upgraded BIND?

On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 05:17:43AM -0500, Gary wrote:
> On Sat, May 05, 2001 at 03:46:23PM -0500 or thereabouts, rashworth wrote:
>
> Well, since adding Debian to my other distros, I am finding out that a
> simple apt-get install update, takes care of everything on my system in one
> shot, including installing kernels.  One command, and you system is totally
> updated with all fixes. It really puts rpm back in the amateur ranks <g>  I
> could get used to this real easily.

Yeah, isn't it great? Also, if you're using Potato, you can put
security.debian.org in your /etc/apt/sources.list, comment out everything
else, then run apt-get update && apt-get upgrade.

That will install all security updates (and /only/ security updates)
automagically. This is the easiest way I have ever seen to stay abreast of
security issues.

--
Jordan Bettis <http://www.hafd.org/~jordanb/>
Pray:  To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single