Re: feeding a value to a program in a script

It depends on if "start" is a script or a compiled
program. If it's a script, and the script asks for the
passphrase, then starts the deamon then you
can probably fix this easily. However, if it's a
compiled executable and the executable asks you
for the passphrase (and doesn't have some way
to pass it in with a option) then I have no idea
how you would make it work (I've never played
with expect, so I can't tell if that would work or
not).

Anyway, if it is a script, and the script asks for
the passphrase, just comment out the part that
asks for it, and change the part that calls the
executable to hold your variable instead of the
one the script creates. In shell you would do
this by changing it to a $1, and then calling the
script like this...

./https/webserver-ssl/start passwd

The "passwd" part would be passed into the $1
variable and then you could just put it in the
executable call.

Just my thoughts,

Jason Burke