Re: Program error: Meaning?

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 08:04:15PM -0700, Travis Davies wrote:
> What does the following program error mean?
>
> "Floating point exception (core dumpted)"

It means that the program recieved a SIGFPE and didn't have a handler for it
so it exited 8-P.

Usually, when I see FPE, it's because of a divide by zero, but any math that
the computer can't handle will raise it.

--
Jordan Bettis <http://www.hafd.org/~jordanb/>
Pray:  To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single