Re: ok, how about your favorite spam filter?

depends. serverside or clientside?

i use procmail for clientside. i have various rules set up to filter mail
for mailing lists, but the line that catches most spam for me is :

# this handles mail that is delivered to me but does
# not have any of my known addresses in the To: field
:0:
*
!^TO(.*@lunarmedia.net|.*@ns1.lunarmedia.net|.*@plymouth.lunarmedia.net|
.*@localhost|.*@motion.net|Blind\.Copy\.Receiver)
$SPAM

i would definitely recommend setting procmail log file that you can tail
to see where *all* of your mail is going so that you can fine tune your
filter to not catch any mail that you don't consider spam. i also set
$SPAM to be a valid mail folder just in case something gets tagged that i
wanted to read. i also have this same rule set up for CC fields as well.

 On Tue, 29 May
2001, Robert Threet wrote:

> What's everybody using for spam?  I was looking at the
>
> solution in the Sendmail book - yuk.  How much
> overhead does that add?

**
There are two major products to come out of Berkeley:
LSD and UNIX.  We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
**