Error when mounting audio CD

Group -
 I am having problems mounting an audio CD with Red Hat 7.1. However, I
can mount a data CD with no problems. I have tried to do this on two
drives that I have here -- one being a straight CD-ROM and the other being
an R/W.

 Here's what I'm getting:

# mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
mount: block device /dev/cdrom is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
       or too many mounted file systems

 Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks.

Adam