Re: apache compile

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 08:38:45PM -0500, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> Danny Sauer said:
> > I'm still having problems getting apache with php and mod_perl to
> > play nicely.  Php's a DSO, mod_perl is built right into the httpd
> > binary.
>
> You might want to at least look at Red Hat's RPMs for php and
> mod_perl.  Both are built as DSOs.  They seem to work quite nicely.

I'm looking at SuSE's RPMs now, where both are built as DSOs.  I
could swear that I read somewhere about a problem with mod_perl
being built as a DSO.  Something about that not being a supported
combination or something.

Anyway, is redhat better about keeping apache up to date?  SuSE's
current apache is 1.3.14.  Is there likely to be a problem if I
stick mod_perl compiled for one environment into a system where
perl was built differently (aside from package dependency issues).

If things keep going as they are, I'll end up with 2 seperate
apaches with mod_rewrite sending php stuff to the one on :1080...

Thanks.
--Danny