Re: apache compile

Danny Sauer said:
> I'm looking at SuSE's RPMs now, where both are built as DSOs.  I
> could swear that I read somewhere about a problem with mod_perl
> being built as a DSO.  Something about that not being a supported
> combination or something.

It definitely was a problem.  Recent versions of mod_perl are much
better.

> Anyway, is redhat better about keeping apache up to date?  SuSE's
> current apache is 1.3.14.

The current 7.1 package is 1.3.19.

You should be able to drop the latest version in with the spec from
any recent 1.3.x though...

> Is there likely to be a problem if I
> stick mod_perl compiled for one environment into a system where
> perl was built differently (aside from package dependency issues).

If you recompile the Red Hat package, it should be fine.  I wouldn't
be surprised if there were problems if you didn't recompile.

> If things keep going as they are, I'll end up with 2 seperate
> apaches with mod_rewrite sending php stuff to the one on :1080...

Or stick squid in front of the whole thing and call it a feature.

(618)398-7320             | See web site for meeting details.